gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
449962 Posts in 69366 Topics by 28239 Members - Latest Member: Merovingian April 21, 2014, 09:46:25 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  General Chat  |  Video footage of the 1981 Ms Olympia
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Video footage of the 1981 Ms Olympia  (Read 804 times)

Offline romanticmale242002

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
    • Email
Video footage of the 1981 Ms Olympia
« on: May 26, 2013, 06:23:04 pm »
Hi everyone,
                     I am a collector of video footage of the Ms olympia from the early to mid-eighties. It has been confirmed that no video footage of the 1980 and 1983 Ms Olympia exists. I have also been informed by suppliers of bodybuilding DVDs that there is no video record of the 81 Ms Olympia, however, I have come across video footage of the 81 ms Olympia on youtube. I also came across screen caps of the event on a past forum discuss on Saradas. I was wondering if anyone may have any information regarding this, because I have been searching the ends of the Earth to locate a VHS or DVD of the competition and the uploader of the youtube videos has not replied to my message yet. I appreciate all input possible. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clIIyRuy1zc&list=UUe3gYGTjvt7weKS9NCWsutw&index=29

Offline Sar-Net

• Golden VIP
  • Activity:
    33.33%
Re: Video footage of the 1981 Ms Olympia
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:38:39 pm »
Hi everyone,
                     I am a collector of video footage of the Ms olympia from the early to mid-eighties. It has been confirmed that no video footage of the 1980 and 1983 Ms Olympia exists. I have also been informed by suppliers of bodybuilding DVDs that there is no video record of the 81 Ms Olympia, however, I have come across video footage of the 81 ms Olympia on youtube. I also came across screen caps of the event on a past forum discuss on Saradas. I was wondering if anyone may have any information regarding this, because I have been searching the ends of the Earth to locate a VHS or DVD of the competition and the uploader of the youtube videos has not replied to my message yet. I appreciate all input possible. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clIIyRuy1zc&list=UUe3gYGTjvt7weKS9NCWsutw&index=29

You can see at least part of the 1980 Ms Olympia on the movie "pumping iron 2 the women.".  I'm sure there are videos for all the Ms Olympia's somewhere.   As I recall the videos from some of the early Ms Olympia's were only available directly from Weider, they used to be advertised in the back of Muscle and Fitness.  I would guess they had some sort of contract on the first Ms O's as they were on TV and couldn't sell rights to places like GMV which has most of the Ms O's on video.   There are more than just the 1980 and 1983 that are not on GMV's Ms O listings.    I think the vids mite have been listed as "Joe Weider's Ms Olympia" rather than just "Ms Olympia" too.   As I recall they had big banners on the stage saying  Joe Weider's Ms Olympia back then.   The video doesn't popup right off, on a search, but right now since Joe's recent passing, search returns a zillion news stories on him when searching for the vids.    I did see an article that says the 1980 Ms Olympia mite be listed as Miss Olympia but I don't remember seeing the Ms O listed that way but it has been a long time.  I've got some old fliers for vids and stuff some place and may have an one on Weider vids.   But I have no clue where the fliers are at right off hand, probably stuffed up on a shelf in one of my closets.

As I recall the 1980 Ms O video box in the old M&F AD's was in kind of a silver gray with a B&W photo of Rachel on it.  I thought I had a pics of the old Weider vid boxes scanned from the old mags somewhere, but so far no luck finding them. (I'm having computer problems, and don't have the drives I usually have in my computer.  Its always something.  I'm in the works of upgrading my main computer but its gona take me a while.  And I still have to scan that 750gig that's got a dir glitch, and then I have to buy another at least 1TB drive to copy the data onto.  At least most of the files should be contiguous as the 750GB is a storage drive, I for the most part just copy stuff on it.   Its gona be a while if its on there though, god what a fricken pain microcrap is.  This ain't the first time I've had to go threw scanning and coping off stuff because of a dir glitch, and I'm sure it won't be the last.  :angry:)

I'm sure someone on here will remember the vids or have old muscle and fitness mags from back then to find more info on the vids.  An exact title or production company mite make them popup on a search.

Offline romanticmale242002

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:23:26 am »
Hi everyone,

You can see at least part of the 1980 Ms Olympia on the movie "pumping iron 2 the women.".  I'm sure there are videos for all the Ms Olympia's somewhere.   As I recall the videos from some of the early Ms Olympia's were only available directly from Weider, they used to be advertised in the back of Muscle and Fitness.  I would guess they had some sort of contract on the first Ms O's as they were on TV and couldn't sell rights to places like GMV which has most of the Ms O's on video.   There are more than just the 1980 and 1983 that are not on GMV's Ms O listings.    I think the vids mite have been listed as "Joe Weider's Ms Olympia" rather than just "Ms Olympia" too.   As I recall they had big banners on the stage saying  Joe Weider's Ms Olympia back then.   The video doesn't popup right off, on a search, but right now since Joe's recent passing, search returns a zillion news stories on him when searching for the vids.    I did see an article that says the 1980 Ms Olympia mite be listed as Miss Olympia but I don't remember seeing the Ms O listed that way but it has been a long time.  I've got some old fliers for vids and stuff some place and may have an one on Weider vids.   But I have no clue where the fliers are at right off hand, probably stuffed up on a shelf in one of my closets.

As I recall the 1980 Ms O video box in the old M&F AD's was in kind of a silver gray with a B&W photo of Rachel on it.  I thought I had a pics of the old Weider vid boxes scanned from the old mags somewhere, but so far no luck finding them. (I'm having computer problems, and don't have the drives I usually have in my computer.  Its always something.  I'm in the works of upgrading my main computer but its gona take me a while.  And I still have to scan that 750gig that's got a dir glitch, and then I have to buy another at least 1TB drive to copy the data onto.  At least most of the files should be contiguous as the 750GB is a storage drive, I for the most part just copy stuff on it.   Its gona be a while if its on there though, god what a fricken pain microcrap is.  This ain't the first time I've had to go threw scanning and coping off stuff because of a dir glitch, and I'm sure it won't be the last.  :angry:)

I'm sure someone on here will remember the vids or have old muscle and fitness mags from back then to find more info on the vids.  An exact title or production company mite make them popup on a search.
Hi Sar-net,
                  Thank you so much for the information. I tried a Google search and yes, as you stated, the search is bringing up more biographical info about Joe. Funnily enough, I was in contact with GMV productions who informed me about the 80, 81 and 83 Olympia not being filmed. But, if there is anyone somewhere in the world who may have these VHS tapes, are possesion in my mind, of the Holy Grail of early womens bodybuilding competition. I still haventhad a reply from the uploader of the youtube clip, but i guess that i was born in the wrong era....lol. I was just 3 years old at the time of the 1980 Ms Olympia. Now, over 30 years later i have come to admire how much the competitors of that era did so much for the sport. You could class it as the golden age, and I feel that we should do as much as possible to preserve whatever video footage there is of legends such as Rachel McLish, Carla Dunlap, etc. To cut a long story short, I think that a forum memeber called Orinoko, uploaded some stills of the 81 Ms Olympia showing Rachel and other cometitors training, being interviewed and ofcourse the competition. I just hope that more members do come across our conversation. But, i am going to take all the info that you have given me to try to build up some good leads for my detective work. I hope you do get to fix your computer soon. Take care for now. :bravo:

Offline LuvBigChix

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:15:39 pm »
That YouTube link takes you to a video playlist that seems to have a good chunk of the 1981 Olympia with competitor commentary. While the women all look like local figure contestants do now, looking at Kike Elomaa, I can see the same qualities that caused her to be my fave throughout 1981: bigger thighs and quad sweeps, broad, deep chest compared to the other women.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  General Chat  |  Video footage of the 1981 Ms Olympia

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx